Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Looking In the Mirror

So I’m out with a close friend night before last and we got on the topic of my blog. I’ve always known she had a healthy sex drive. She is 1 year older than I am and has been married longer. I always assumed her healthy sex drive contributed to 1 thing: Her Husband. Her husband is the type that ALWAYS helped with everything, kids, house, yard, very “hands on” I always said, “ if all men were like him, most women would be more willing to put out” I brought this exact point up to my friend. She told me something that surprised me. Something that truly put a mirror in front of my face.
She told me that although her husband always helped with everything and was a very hard worker and good father and a good husband they don’t have a healthy “Sex” life. She said she feels that he works so much that he doesn't seem to have the time or energy for sex. (sound familiar?) “I KNOW, he does what he does because he loves me, it’s not so much “SEX” per say. It would be nice to feel like I’m important enough to him that he makes me a priority. It really hurts sometimes that he doesn’t”
It was so strange to hear this coming from a friend of mine and women also. I felt as though a mirror had been held in front of my face. As I stated in an earlier post, I do make time for everything in my life except sex. But after last night I really had to be truthful with myself. To be honest, I make time in my life for everything except my husband. When I say “I’m too tired” It’s true, BUT… I also say I show my husband how much I love him through the everyday things I do. After leaving my friend last night I realized I don’t. There is definitely room for improvement. It’s not so much “Sex” but bonding, talking, communicating and sharing. Making each other feel the others time, thoughts and NEEDS are just as important as the kids, job, house etc. I’m not saying my husband is “Off the hook” on his end, but I definitely share a part in the solution.
Sometimes when looking at your own reflection you don’t like what’s looking back at you. Good thing we all have the ability to change that reflection.

I’m going to leave this post with a quote I read recently and LOVED!

"The beauty of life is, while we cannot undo what is done, we can see it, understand it, learn from it, and change. So that every new moment is not spent in regret, guilt, fear, or anger, but in wisdom, understanding, and love." Jennifer Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment